Thursday 30 October 2014

'I’m not lonely. I’m not looking': Taylor Swift

Read all about it: The full interview will appear in the British Cosmopolitan, on sale November 4

She’s currently celebrating the global success of her latest album 1989.

And Taylor Swift’s world-wide domination continues to reign supreme as she graces the cover on 23 international editions of Cosmopolitan including Britain, France, Italy, Spain, South Africa and Korea.

In the accompanying interview, the singer admits she’s never been happier and will continue to hold strong on her dating strike

The dating hiatus continues:  ‘I’ve learnt that just because someone is cute and wants to date you, that’s not a reason to sacrifice your independence and allow everyone to say whatever they want about you'

Taylor takes over! The 24-year-old, pictured here on the Hungarian cover of Cosmopolitan, will appear on 23 international editions of the magazine 

Short circuit! The blonde beauty works a crop-top and waisted pants on the South African issue

Tres chic... The Shake It Off hitmaker works an embellished cut-out cocktail dress for the French cover 

"People will say, let me set you up with someone, and I'm just sitting there saying, 'That's not what I'm doing. I'm not lonely; I'm not looking.' I completely feel you on that, oh my god. They just don't get it,"

‘I’ve learnt that just because someone is cute and wants to date you, that’s not a reason to sacrifice your independence and allow everyone to say whatever they want about you. I’m not doing that anymore.’

‘It’d take someone really special for me to undergo the circumstances I have to go through to experience a date,’ the Grammy Award winner told.

‘I don’t know how I would ever have another person in my world trying to have a relationship with me, or a family.'

'The best answer I can come up with now is: go at it alone. Life can be romantic without having a romance. I’m very attracted to how happy I am now,' she confessed.

‘My girlfriends and I talk a lot about feminism and the inequality between the way men and women are talked about.’The kind of things we say are, “Why is it mischievous, fun and sexy if a guy has a string of lovers that he’s cast aside; loved and left?”’

Yet if a woman dates three or four people in an eight-year period she is a serial dater and it gives some 12-year-old the idea to call her a sl*t on the internet? It’s not the same for boys, it just isn’t and that’s a fact.’

Meanwhile Taylor thanks good friend and Girls creator Lena Dunham for her endless support and love.

‘Her perspective has truly shaped me in the past couple of years. She is just so enthusiastic about life, about other women. She is like a hug in the form of a person,’ Taylor mused.

‘Moving to New York is the best thing I’ve ever done. I never thought I’d be able to survive that city. It’s so big and bright,' the former Nashville native offered.‘Then I woke up one day about a year ago and it was all I could think about. I needed a new challenge and there’s no bigger challenge than uprooting your life, finding new places to hang out, new friendship circles.’